ENJOY THE WINTER!
Extend the riding season and play in the snow like a kid again with the 2018 Borealis Flume GX Complete Fat Bike. Not only is riding a new bike in the snow exhilarating, you'll stay fit over the winter months and have a leg up on your riding buddies come spring. This bike is such a hoot to ride that even after the snow melts, the Flume is plenty versatile and fun that you'll continue to pound out frequent miles on non-snow covered trails, bikepacking expeditions, or even a coastline tour.
The lightweight 6066-series aluminum frame is paired with a Rigid Carbon Fork or 100mm travel Rock Shox Bluto RL suspension fork so you can bomb down the sketchiest snow and ice covered singletrack with total confidence. The wide-range SRAM GX 1x 11 drivetrain gives you plenty of gearing for tackling epic days in the snow-covered backcountry, loaded touring, or the burgeoning fat bike race scene. Decide between 4in or 4.8in rubber on 80mm rims gives you great flotation over the freshest powder and the geometry is honed from the experience that can only come from a company that specializes exclusively in crafting fat bikes. The frame's reduced stand over height is super helpful with the frequent mounting and dismounting that is expected with heavy boots and snow pants.
- A no-nonsense fat bike for winter adventures
- Fat bike specific geometry blend agility and stability
- Aluminum frame is lightweight and responsive
- SRAM GX group offers plenty of range
- Colorado-based Borealis focuses solely on crafting fat bikes
- Borealis unique geometry for the best ride experience
- SRAM GX components
- Sram 1 X 11 Drivetrain
- Available in two colorways
- Reduced stand over height
- Carbon bar & seatpost
- Rigid Carbon fork