Ski Technician Wanted - Seasonal - Experienced
Ski & Snowboard Technician – Experienced Only (Seasonal)
Our purpose is to help our local community play outside. It’s not just about selling a service or product. We live here & play here. Our customers are neighbors & friends that we want to provide the best experience when they visit us for their outdoor gear. Based just a short distance from the Denver metro area in a small mountain community that can feel like we are hours away yet only 15 minutes from C470/285 interchange.
We ski, bike, paddle & pursue every opportunity we can to get outside and play. We believe it is our responsibility to help our local community do the same.
You’re a friendly & motivated person with at least 3 seasons as a professional ski tech. If you ski, bike & obsess about your gear then you will be a perfect fit. When the task is done if you ask what’s next, your new colleagues will appreciate your work ethic. You get that in a retail environment you are part of a team & we all help each other out. You understand that we are all in this together because of our passion for our sport, gear, & our ability to help people get outside to play. You lead a healthy & active lifestyle.
Ski Technician required skills
- You can sharpen a Ski & Snowboard edge with a surgeon’s precision
- You can stone grind a base smoother than a baby’s bottom
- You know what “structure” is when talking about the base
- Hand waxing & polishing almost feels like an art form to you
- You competently mount & remount ski bindings
- You understand that ASTM testing ski bindings is about the safety of our neighbors, families & friends
- You know how to use the Vermont Ski Safety device. This is not a dealbreaker if you have not used one before. However, you must have working knowledge of how to set & test bindings, or have used a Wintersteiger Safetronic or similar equipment
- Understand compatibility between bindings & ski boot standards & indemnification of bindings
You are ready to get back into the shop and start working by September 1st or sooner. You can work at least 32 hours per week & up to 40 hrs. total. You will be scheduled at least two weekends per month. Your schedule will typically be 10a-6p weekdays or a 9am start on weekends. Your day will typically be 8 hours total and may occasionally exceed that based on customer needs.
Compensation & Benefits
- Paid Holidays - Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day (Full Time Only)
- Paid Time Off – Three (3) Paid personal days (Eligible after 60 days) - FULL Time Eligible only
- BONUS - $1000 Performance Incentive based on completing full season, excellent job performance & attendance (Full Time Only)
- Pro-deals /shop discounts on gear
- This is for the 2021-22 Winter Season – Ending March 28th.
Provide your resume or list of your experience as a professional ski technician.